While I have emphasized, many times, that burglaries usually occur during the day it is possible for a burglar to operate at night. In this case the burglar even tried to enter a house with signs posted on the outside warning of a burglar alarm. The alarm did work in that it scared the burglar away and alerted the homeowner.
With the holiday season here, there are more opportunities for burglars to steal. As we shop at the malls for gifts and order gifts online we will have more valuable items in our homes, under our trees, and on our doorsteps than during other times of the year. Remember:
- Lock your doors! Both to your house and your car doors.
- Keep your garage doors closed.
- Don’t display your Christmas gifts where they can be seen in your house or your car. Put them under your Christmas tree just before Christmas.
- Take measures to protect gifts that will be delivered to your house. See the following:
- Be on the alert for any suspicious activity in your neighborhood and report it right away to 911.