MILL CREEK- Robbery at Car Wash
On Sunday afternoon, January 27, a car wash at the intersection of 132nd St SE and the Bothell Everett Highway was robbed around 1pm.
A man approached a car wash employee, showing a gun, and left with an undisclosed amount of cash.
Police describe the suspect as a white man, in his 20’s, about 5 foot 10 inches tall, about 190 pounds and medium build. He wore a black bandana over his face, a white jacket with a hood, blue jeans and white shoes.
If you have any information that can help police apprehend this person, please call Mill Creek Police (records office) at (425) 745-6175 and ask to talk to a detective.
According to KIRO TV News, police believe that the description of the suspect matches that of a robbery suspect that has been responsible for several recent robberies in north King County and Snohomish County.
If you find yourself in a restaurant or a store or other retail establishment that is being robbed remember the following tips:
- Stay calm and don’t resist! Remember, personal safety first! Money and merchandise are not important.
- Do as instructed. Don’t make sudden movements.
- Keep your hands in sight at all times.
- Get a look at the robber, but don’t stare.
- If safe- get a description of the robber’s direction of travel after her/she leaves.
- Don’t chase or follow the robber out of the business. Let the deputies catch the robber.
- If you are outside of a business that appears to have suspicious, stay a safe distance away. Be a good witness by getting as good of a description as you can. Call 911 and let the call taker know that you have suspicious activity in progress.