The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office will be offering a Citizen’s Academy beginning March 29th. The 12-week academy will cover a wide range of subjects about the Sheriff’s Office including:
· K-9 enforcement
· Drugs and gangs
· Crime scene technology
· Search and rescue
· Special weapons and tactics (SWAT)
· 911 and dispatch
· Major crime investigations
· Patrol procedures and equipment
· Jail operations
· Traffic operations
· Vehicle collision investigations
· Child abuse and crimes against children
Classes will be held on Wednesday’s between 6:00pm to 9:30pm. The course will also include two Saturday field trips.
If you are interested in learning about how your Sheriff’s Office works, go to the link below. A background check is required for all participants.
Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office: