· The Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office suggests using the “Boris the Burglar” signs available through the National Sheriff’s Association (www.sheriffs.org) and the National Neighborhood Watch (www.nnw.org) .
· The signs can be ordered directly by the Neighborhood Watch groups from the vendor for NNW via the site http://www.iceblackbox.com/shop/ . The site also has stickers, yards signs and various other items for sale as well.
· For the Boris signs, Ice Black Box will add “Snohomish County Sheriff’s Office” at the bottom of the sign to show that the Neighborhood Watch is actively participating with local law enforcement.
· Once the signs are ordered by the Neighborhood Watch group, they are shipped directly to the person who placed the order.
· If the sign is going to be placed along a public right of way, there are a few guidelines to follow and they are outlined in Public Works bulletin #104. (http://wa-snohomishcounty.civicplus.com/DocumentCenter/View/4214)
· It is important to note that signs can no longer be mounted on speed limit signs or PUD poles.
· The neighborhood watch group may need to invest in a post for placing the sign in compliance with Public Works bulletin #104.
If you have questions about ordering signs or Neighborhood Watch in general contact Sgt. Huri at email@example.com.