Yesterday, Sheriff Ty Trenary testified before the County Council about the budget. The county expects to make up to $6 million in cuts throughout the county administration. That includes $2.4 million from the Sheriff’s Office.
Sheriff Trenary testified that programs that could be cut could include:
· The jail’s work-release program
· The Office of Neighborhoods
· The Violent Officer Task Force
· The elimination of Precinct Services such as fingerprinting and concealed pistol licensing services
· Reduction of assistance to city police departments for major crime and collision investigations
· Reduction in resources to investigate identity theft and fraud
You can see a video of Sheriff’s Trenary’s testimony at http://snohomish.granicus.com/MediaPlayer.php?view_id=2&clip_id=5404. His testimony starts at about 12 minutes from the start of the video.
You can also see his PowerPoint slides at http://snohomish.granicus.com/MetaViewer.php?view_id=2&event_id=5982&meta_id=344264.