Wednesday, June 27, 2012

211- Your source for Social Service Information

There may be times when you need emergency help that does not involve a crime in progress or immediate medical emergency. You may need help with a community issue, emergency shelter, need to find a food bank, low cost housing, legal help, a mental or physical health problem, transitional housing, transportation or any number of other problems. While this may be an emergency for you, you may not need to call 911.

A service that has been available for Snohomish County as well as Island, Skagit, and Whatcom counties is 211, which is operated by Volunteers of America. 211 provides an easy to remember phone number that can easily connect you to social service organizations that can help you with your problem without having to call multiple phone numbers.

For more information about 211, go to:

Volunteers of America:

The Herald:

No comments:

Post a Comment